About St Francis
St Francis Golf Lodge is located on the secure St Francis Links Golf Estate in St Francis Bay which is situated midway between Port Elizabeth on the Sunshine Coast and Plettenberg Bay on the Garden Route.
Ideally situated between the 1st and 10th tees overlooking the famed Jack Nicklaus designed St Francis Links course, St Francis Golf Lodge is the perfect base from which to explore the many attractions of South Africa‘s fabled Garden Route, Route 62 and the nearby malaria free 'Big Five' game reserves.
This exclusive paradise with unspoiled beaches, unique building styles, a rugged coastline, a river linked to a unique canal system, nature areas with numerous footpaths through unique fynbos species, excellent water-sport facilities, two 18 hole golf courses and a leisurely lifestyle draws holiday-makers from all over the world.
With the Lodge situated just 5 minutes from the beach, you can make an early morning walk or swim part of your daily holiday regimen before teeing off for the day. And when the challenge of the Links gets too much, take the opportunity to play any of the many acclaimed courses in the area.
There are loads of options to keep the adventurer occupied too. Spend a day 4x4ing in Baviaanskloof. Take the plunge off Storm River Bridge – the highest bungee jumping in the world, or experience deep-sea fishing, kite surfing, hiking, birding, cycling, canoeing etc. For those who prefer life’s gentler pursuits – a horse ride along the beach or a leisurely boat cruise down St Francis Bay‘s gentle waterways and the Kromme River, navigable for 10km, is the perfect way to take in the magical beauty and unspoilt surroundings of this idyllic part of the world
Nearby Towns, Tourism Routes & Game Reserves
“The Links Club House – Restaurant and Bar, Pro Shop.
“The Links” Aqua Spa and Skin Clinic – Massage, facial and spa treatments, hand and foot therapy.
St Francis Bay Golf Course – Situated in the village of St Francis Bay, 18 hole golf course.
Port St Francis – Commercial harbour of Port St Francis, built in 1995 with excellent restaurants.
Lighthouse at Cape St Francis – built in 1878, situated next to penguin rescue centre.
Canal and River Cruise – Explore the canals and Kromme River. Enjoy sundowners and/or dinner onboard.
Sand River Walk – View the spectacular multitude of fauna and flora in the area.
Frog Tours – Experience the fascinating world of amphibians on a guided walk at night.
Beaching and Beach walks – Spend hours on the wide beaches with sheltered and safe swimming areas.
Birding - Endless opportunities with more than 170 bird species to be found in the area.
Whale watching – Enjoy daily land based dolphin and seasonal whale watching (May to December).
Yachting – Port St Francis provides anchorage for yachts.
Sea Safaris – Champagne cruises, fishing excursions and whale watching.
Surfing – Search for “The perfect wave” at Seal Point, Cape St Francis and/or “Bruces”,St Francis Bay
Horse Riding - Take in the sights on horse-back, with a choice of fynbos, or coastal trails – Oyster Bay
Restaurants in and around St Francis Bay and further afield
- The Lighthouse Restaurant & Jack’s Bar - at The Links Clubhouse
- Big Time Taverna – Greek Restaurant - The Canals
- Café Bijoux – Italian Restaurant & Cocktail Bar – The Canals
- Chocca Block – Seafood & Grill – Port St Francis
- Christys Catch – Seafood and Take away – St Francis Drive
- Legends & Shenanigans – Sports, Cocktail & Entertainment Bar – St Francis Drive
- Loligos – Seafood & Grill - Port St Francis\
- Mauro's - Italian, Seafood & Grill
- Olive Tree Junction – Restaurant & Pub – St Francis Drive
- Pomme Frites – Bistro - Oyster Bay Road
- Ski Boat & Yacht Club – Sports Bar, Pub Meals & Big screen TV – Port St Francis
- Rambling Rose – Coffee Shop – St Francis Drive
- Village Bakery - Bakery & Coffee Shop – Village Centre
- Joe Fish – Family Restaurant - Cape St Francis Resort
- Trade Winds – Coffee Shop – Cape St Francis
- La Chameleon – Daytime Restaurant – Humansdorp
- Grill & Co – Family Restaurant with childrens play ground – Humansdorp
- Walskipper – Seafood Restaurant - situated on Claptons Beach – Jeffreys Bay
- In Food – Bakery, deli, catering & coffee bar - Live music every Saturday – Jeffreys Bay
- Kitchen Windows – Beach Restaurant – Main beach, Jeffreys Bay